Atlanta Multi Vehicle Accident Lawyer | Accident Attorney Georgia
404-545-5845 Call Us Now For A Free Consultation
Facts and Statistics
Each year, nearly 40,000 people die in automobile accidents in the United States. Another 2.35 are injured, permanently disabled, or hospitalized. While there are many types of collisions, multi-vehicle accidents pose a serious threat to everyone on the roadway.
In most cases, multi-vehicle accidents take place on high-capacity and high-speed roads like freeways and interstates. Also known as pileups, these collisions can involve dozens of vehicles – sometimes more than a hundred.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a multi-vehicle accident caused by one or more negligent drivers, contact our experienced team of Atlanta multi vehicle accident attorney at Schnipper Law. We are dedicated to fighting for the compensation you deserve. Call our office at 404-545-5845 to learn more.
Examples of Deadly Accidents
Unfortunately, multi-vehicle accidents happen in Georgia as frequently as they happen elsewhere in the country.
On March 14, 2002, low visibility led to a deadly pileup involving more than 125 vehicles on Interstate 75 in Catoosa County. Four people were killed and 39 others were injured. The accident originated between two tractor-trailers, shutting down northbound and southbound lanes.
On January 8, 2018, a pileup involving 37 vehicles took place on the same road in the same county. After responders arrived, 15 people were transported to area hospitals and 14 others were transported to a reunification location to see their families.
These accidents are ongoing. When multi-vehicle crashes are directly caused by a negligent or careless driver, victims are entitled to compensation for their pain and suffering.
Common Causes of Multi-Vehicle Accidents
Multi-vehicle collisions are caused by a variety of problems, including:
- Distracted drivers
- Low-visibility conditions
- Vehicles traveling too close to one another
- Black ice and other slippery hazards
In other words, not every multi-vehicle accident can be blamed on the negligence of a single person. To determine whether or not your case falls under personal injury law, speak to an experienced attorney during your recovery. Your attorney will speak to witnesses, read through police reports, and establish a clearer picture of your accident.
Injuries Frequently Suffered in Multi-Vehicle Collisions
There are many possible injuries a victim can sustain in a multi-vehicle accident. Some of the most common include:
- Whiplash – When the head or neck moves suddenly, causing ligament and muscle damage. The severity of this injury depends on the severity of the accident.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – These lifelong injuries occur when the spinal cord is partially or completely severed. Most victims suffer from paraplegia (the loss of sensation and movement below the waist) or quadriplegia (the loss of sensation and movement below the injury). Past and future medical bills can reach into the hundreds of thousands of dollars for these victims.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries – Whether you have a concussion or contusion, traumatic brain injuries should always be taken seriously. Symptoms include loss of consciousness, irritability, exhaustion, and disorientation. If you have a diagnosed brain injury, relax until you’ve healed completely. A second injury can be fatal.
- Internal Damage – When heavy impact damages organs. This could lead to cardiac arrest, collapsed lungs, or other life-threatening problems. Since internal damage is difficult to diagnose without professional assistance, you should always see a physician after being involved in an accident.
- Treatable Injuries – For vehicles that aren’t caught in the middle of a pileup, treatable injuries are common. These may include broken bones, bruises, lacerations, or ligament damage.
If you incurred any of these injuries in a multi-vehicle accident, contact an experienced personal attorney for representation as soon as possible.
Injury and Crash Prevention
Some multi-vehicle accidents are caused by reckless drivers. Others are caused by unforeseen circumstances. Either way, the following precautions will help keep you and your family safe:
- Wear a seat belt at all times, no matter how short the trip.
- Make sure children are properly buckled into car seats and booster seats.
- Never drive when impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Obey posted speed limits.
- Drive below the limit during inclement weather.
- Never drive while texting, reading, or engaging in other distractions.
Contact an Experienced Atlanta Personal Injury Lawyer for Representation
No one deserves to suffer from encounters with negligent drivers on the roadway.
In the state of Georgia, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. Once this window closes, you can never receive compensation for your injuries. To guarantee fair compensation, contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a multi-vehicle accident, contact our team at Schnipper Law for assistance in filing a personal injury lawsuit. We’ll give you time to focus on your health and well-being, while we focus on fighting for the outcome you deserve. Call 404-545-5845 to learn more.
GET THE HELP YOU DESERVE
RECEIVE A FREE CONSULTATION
CALL US TODAY FOR A FREE CASE EVALUATION
2300 Henderson Mill Rd #300
Atlanta, GA 30345
Our main office is located inside the Perimeter in DeKalb County
with easy access from l-285 or l-85
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE
We have a satellite office in Buckhead (Fulton County)